What is the Sequence of Processes for Registration of Volunteer Activities for a Foreign Citizen?
The procedure for obtaining a residence permit based on volunteering consists of several steps.
Receiving a foreigner’s invitation to the company as a volunteer
The organization provides an invitation to a foreign citizens to carry out volunteer activities in Ukraine. It is registered in the company’s internal register.
Obtaining a D-10 visa
Upon receipt invitation foreigner must apply to the Embassy of Ukraine and obtain a D-10 visa. It is needed by all foreigners, except those who come from countries with which Ukraine has international bilateral agreements (Russia, Moldova, Belarus, Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan). It is enough for this category of foreigners to cross the state border.
To apply for a visa, a foreigner must register on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine and fill out a form indicating personal data and the purpose of arrival in the country.
Then the following documents are submitted to the consulate of the foreign country:
- completed questionnaire of the established sample;
- foreign passport;
- documents that are the basis for a stay in Ukraine (invitation from the organization to volunteer);
- medical insurance policy with coverage of costs from 30 thousand euros;
- confirmation of the financial condition of the foreigner (account statements or bank certificates);
- receipt of payment of the consular fee.
Issuance of a temporary residence permit
The next step for a foreigner who decides to volunteer in Ukraine is to obtain a temporary residence permit.
To do this, the LCA provides the following documents:
- passport together with a notarized Ukrainian translation;
- medical insurance;
- a document confirming the payment of the administrative fee;
- submission to the body inviting the volunteer (if it is an institution, an additional certificate of registration will be required).
Importantly! documents for a residence permit for a volunteer must be submitted no later than 15 working days before the expiration of the visa or the permitted period of stay in the country without a visa.
- Who Has the Right to Obtain a Temporary Residence Permit Through Volunteering
All foreigners who are involved in volunteer organizations have the right to obtain a temporary residence permit. Data about the company should be in the register of the state organization involved in the implementation of volunteering policies.
The temporary certificate has a term of one year (with the possibility of extension) and allows a foreign volunteer to live, enter and leave Ukraine at any time.
Importantly! if in the future a foreigner wants to work somewhere in Ukraine and earn a living, you will have to obtain an additional work permit.
Registration of residence address
After issuing a temporary certificate, a foreigner must register his / her residence address within 30 calendar days.
To do this, contact the CNAP, fill out the standard application and provide the following documents:
- temporary certificate;
- papers granting the right to reside at the specified address (lease agreement, notarized permission of the property owner);
- confirmation of payment of state duty.