They can refuse to apply for permanent residence in the case of:
1) if the foreigner has an outstanding or unexpunged criminal record; *
2) if a foreigner has committed a crime against peace, a war crime or a crime against humanity and humanity, or is wanted in connection with the commission of a serious crime under the laws of Ukraine, or he has been notified of a suspicion of a criminal offense, the pre-trial investigation of which has not been completed;
3) if a foreigner is sick with chronic alcoholism, substance abuse, drug addiction or infectious diseases; *
4) if a foreigner noted deliberately false information in applications for permanent residence or submitted fake documents;
5) if the foreigner is prohibited from entering the territory of Ukraine on the basis of the law;
- These provisions do not apply to foreigners who are spouses, children or parents of Ukrainian citizens, as well as foreigners who themselves or whose relatives were born or permanently resided before August 24, 1991 in the territory that became the territory of Ukraine after the collapse of the USSR.